Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Raspberry & Almond Fluffy Pancakes with Turkey Bacon



I love breakfast, but I don't love things like cereal or oatmeal. I know, I know, oatmeal should be a staple, but I just don't care for it! I've tried, trust me. When I made this breakfast, my daughter announced to our guest (her bestie has slept over) that "Mommy likes to put accessories on her food." I kind of liked that statement! I mean, who would want a cold bowl of cereal over a stack of fluffy pancakes loaded with sweet raspberries and crunchy almonds and a side of turkey bacon? That's what I thought...enjoy!


I use Krusteaz brand of pancake mix when I am in a rush (this is a fabulous healthy brand, but tastes like fluffy buttermilk pancakes!), and this was one of those mornings! I do prefer to make my own pancakes and pack them with protein, but this is my fast version, stay tuned for the homemade version ;)


Ingredients:



  • Krusteaz Pancake mix (prepare as directed on package)

  • Fresh Raspberries

  • Slivered Almonds

  • Sugar Free Syrup or Pure Maple Syrup

  • Turkey bacon (prepare as directed on package)


Pre-heat pancake griddle. Mix a good amount of diced raspberries into your prepared pancake batter. Ladle a 1/4 cup at a time onto your griddle, sprinkle pancake with slivered almonds, flip when bubbles appear all over pancake, cook pancakes until golden brown on both sides. Top pancakes with whole raspberries, few extra almond slivers and warm syrup. Serve with turkey bacon.



No comments:

Post a Comment