Thursday, January 19, 2012

'Skinny' Supreme Pizza Casserole



This casserole tastes like a gooey, hot, cheesy slice of supreme pizza! I have to give kudos to Pinterest for the idea, I saw a pic and knew I had revamp this adorable idea of turning pizza into a casserole! The result was a super hearty casserole, that truly tastes like a hot slice of pizza! My children had seconds and took leftover's for lunch the next day, another winner ;)






Indredients:



  • 1 box whole wheat rotini pasta, prepared as directed on package

  • 1 pkg. Turkey Pepperoni's (I use Boar's Head)

  • 1 pkg. hot turkey sausage (I use Jennie-O)

  • 1 medium green bell pepper, diced

  • 1 medium red onion, sliced

  • 1 small can sliced black olives

  • 4-5 crimini mushrooms, sliced

  • 1 pkg. shredded mozzerella cheese

  • 1 jar spaghetti sauce (I use "rinaldi's to be healthy" or make my own from crushed tomatoes)

  • Reduced fat Parmesan cheese to garnish

Pour a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of a 13x9 pan. Layer, pasta, cheese, sausage, pepperoni's, and veggies, repeat layering until all ingredients have been used, using remaining cheese as the top layer. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown.

Garnish with parmesan cheese and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment