Thursday, October 13, 2011

James' Stuffed Jalapenos


Wow, has it really been a year since I last posted? It's amazing what can happen in a year! I will save that for another post ;) I would like to officially say, I'm back!! I am posting a recipe that is actually my husband's, so proud :) This recipe is SO good and SO easy and is so significantly lower in fat and calories than it's ugly cousin the fried stuffed jalapenos, it's insane! I highly recommend you give it a try!

Ingredients:




  • Fresh Jalapenos, medium size


  • Lowfat cream cheese


  • Turkey bacon


Method:





  • Cut the jalapeno's in half and scrape out all of the seeds and ribs (we make sure to do this well so the kids can enjoy them as well, this will take the majority of the heat out)


  • Drizzle your jalapeno's with olive oil, sea salt and fresh pepper, grill until tender BEFORE you stuff them (considering it is now fall, you can use your grill top on your stove for these if you don't want to bust out the charcoal!)


  • Remove from grill and allow to cool


  • Fill each jalapeno half with cream cheese and carefully wrap each half with one strip of turkey bacon, secure with a toothpick.


  • Grill until each jalapeno is very tender, by doing this, you are removing that very harsh flavor you get when biting into a fresh jalapeno pepper, and what is left is carmelized, smoky, subtly spicy goodness...mmmmmm, delish!

I make homemade ranch to dip these beautiful babies in. I use a package of hidden valley ranch dry mix, follow the directions but substitute olive oil lowfat mayo and lowfat milk.

The picture above was taken after half were literally snatched up by my very hungry family, so the picture isn't so pretty, but at least you get the idea ;)

Enjoy!
Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment