Thursday, October 27, 2011

Turkey Meatloaf with Sundried tomatoes and Feta Cheese



I LOVE this meatloaf! I am not a fan of meatloaf at all, but this baby is SO good! I served it with herbed parmesan mashed potatoes and lowfat crescent rolls. I'm so glad it's fall and I can use my oven again...I've missed you old friend. My bbq pit and pool will feel lonely for the next few months ;) Yes, I said the next few months, because here in Texas, you can start swimming again in March!


Ingredients:


  • 1 lb lean ground turkey meat

  • 1/2 cup whole wheat dry bread crumbs

  • 1/4 cup diced sun dried tomatoes in oil

  • 2 garlic cloves minced

  • 1/4 cup olive oil

  • 3 egg whites

  • 1/4 chopped flat leaf parsley

  • 1/2 cup feta cheese (you can use reduced fat, but I tend to splurge on feta seeing that is already a lower fat cheese)

  • 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt

  • 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients (with your hands of course!) do not over mix, this will toughen the meat. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray and spread the meat mixture in the loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes.


Herbed Parmesan Mashed Potatoes:



  • 6 medium sized russet potatoes (cleaned and cubed)

  • 1/2 stick smart balance butter

  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese

  • Basil and Garlic herb seasoning

  • Sea salt and pepper to taste

Boil potatoes until fork tender. Drain and return to pan. Mix/mash all ingredients until potatoes are smooth and creamy, do not under salt!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment