Friday, September 24, 2010

'Caprese' Chicken


I love caprese salads! I could probably eat them every day! However, my family would probably get a bit bored with them if I did ;) This is my version of a caprese salad, on chicken! I did sub out mozzerella for feta, but I think I like it better like this, adds more flavor and complexity! My family loved it and all went for seconds! I had gone on a field trip with Lexi's girl scout troop after school yesterday, and we didn't get in until a little after 7, and I whipped this up in about thirty minutes! Tasty, healthy and fast, what more could you ask for ;) Enjoy!


Ingredients



  • 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied

  • Cherry tomatoes, halved

  • Fresh basil

  • Reduced fat feta cheese

  • McCormick's 'Perfect Pinch Parmesan Herb' seasoning (or seasoning of your choice)

  • Balsamic dressing (I use Litehouse balsamic vinaigrette dressing)

  • Olive oil & salt

  • Pepper to taste

Pre-heat a grill pan to medium/high heat. Season the butterflied chicken breasts with pepper, sea salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Sprinkle the parmesan herb seasoning on chicken. Grill chicken, once done remove from grill pan and immediately sprinkle chicken with feta cheese, cherry tomatoes and basil, drizzle with balsamic dressing, voila!


I served this dish with Near East whole grain rice pilaf with barley & fresh broccoli that I steamed and seasoned with sea salt, pepper, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and a squeeze of lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment